Friday, February 5, 2010

Hey there...

So today I decided to get a blog. Since I'm on the computer a lot for school anyway I figured it would be easier than a journal. This isn't going to be one of those real in depth type things...just what God is doing in my life and doing through the people around me.

So my roommate, Drew, showed me this video the other day...and i just thought it was amazing...

God of Second Chances

If you listen closely at the end you can hear what the homeless man says:

"Trying to make it? No man. I aint trying to make it, Im making it. Jah puts His soldiers everywhere. Jah says, Yea though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death, So He places some of us, in that valley."

What struck me was that this guy did not want to stop...he wanted to keep on kneeling there and worshiping, he would have been there all day if the song hadn't ended. He is praising God in every situation. I think so many times we forget that our worship needs to go beyond the end of the song, beyond the end of the services on Sunday...Everything that we do should be to worship the One who created us. It doesn't matter what it is, it could be leading a bible study, or just hanging out with a bunch of dudes. Everything you do should be in worship of Him...everything.
In the words of Ross King, "worship is more than a song".

Anyway, that's what I've been thinking about for the past day or so...

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Hey there...enjoyed reading your blog! Good for you! Sorry to have missed seeing you over the weekend, but glad to catch up with you here...Love you! Gram

Terri said...

So good to find you here and read what's knocking on your heart right now. I'm so proud of you...in case I forgot to tell you while you were here this weekend. It was a JOY to have you locked in our house! Thanks for your hard work w/the driveway...would have been much more fun to be snowed in w/your friends, I'm sure, but your willing help was SO appreciated here! love you!!!! have a great week....

jabi said...

Hi Alex :)
Your Mom 'told' me about your blog and I'm really happy that I came here and saw your thoughts.
I'm so glad that you grow so close to God and that I'm able to draw from your relationship.
I saw that video earlier - and yes - it is very touching.
greetz
jabi

Post a Comment