Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Israel...

So one week from now...I will be leaving for Israel. Yes...I know...it is freakin' sweet. My whole class of about 15 will be going, including about 20 other people from the Bucks County area. So it will be pretty exciting to share this whole experience with my friends and also some new people.

I don't think I'm going to be able to update the blog from there...i don't know...we'll see. But anyway i think its going to be really exciting to visit the same places where Jesus walked the earth. I know that is such a cliche thing to say...but really, it is going to be amazing. Ill be taking hundreds of pictures so don't worry...ill post them up here when i get back.

It would be very much appreciated if you could pray for our trip...we are all extremely excited, but obviously there are always things going on in the Middle East so anything could happen. I just ask that you would pray that God would open our eyes to all the amazing things we are going to see. Also that we would be reminded of what happened in the land. As Mr. Hardesty would say, "This is where God acted out His drama of redemption". Please just pray that we would all stay healthy as we will be doing TONS of hiking/walking.

Thank you to everyone in advance for praying for us. I can't wait to get back and update everyone about all the things I have learned and seen!

Alex

2 comments:

Sharon said...

If I could fold myself into your luggage, I would be there! So exciting an opportunity for you. All the things you have read, heard about, studied, coming alive as you walk the streets and climb the hills and touch the very places Jesus did! That's not a cliche...that's a life-changing experience. Take it all in. Enjoy the moments. Remember all He was doing for us in each place you visit. Blessings on you all!

Terri said...

I'm not exactly sure why there are tears in my eyes as I type...go figure - such a mom thing! I think it has something to do with how proud I am of you...proud to see the young man that is emerging out of you. Proud to see you seeking Jesus and following after Him.
I'd be in your luggage, too, if possible...the journey that is ahead of you is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You will walk over the ancient footsteps of your Creator and your Redeemer....I pray you will be changed forever, that your heart will glimpse a new thing-and never be quite the same again.
Go, asking Jesus to broaden your love for Him and deepen your resolve to follow wherever He leads.
I LOVE YOU!!!
{mom}

Post a Comment